 Local / Australia / 8859
Re: Harry Potter sets 4721, 4722 & 4723 available at Target!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 22:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
$21.95 each (ouch!). For 73 - 80 pieces. Hmmmm... Makes the current SW sets
seem good value.

True, the price-per-brick is not so good, but we aren't talking ordinary bricks
or ordinary colours (go buy a Big Blue Tub if that is what you want). Almost
all the pieces in the sets are "premium pieces".

Agreed that they're not ordinary pieces or colours...Keep in mind I'm (a)
obsessive and (b) an accountant by training....

Diagon Alley is 27c/piece, the other two 30c/piece. Compare this to the
other Harry Potter sets and you'll find that it's not good value... or at
least I thought it wasn't until I checked (Sorting Hat 25c/pc, Final
Challenge 33c/pc or Troll Attack at 31c/pc). I sense my argument fading....

Okay, so new Star Wars ... Slave I 28c/pc, Jedi Duel 25c/pc or Jedi
Starfighter 29c/pc. Oh dear....

As far as extra-ordinary colours go, I'm on record as not even being
particularly fond of traditional blue...

So I think my argument is well and truly lost!

Incidentally, from my obsessive record keeping, the best value set currently
available (excepting the blue tub) is the Enchanted Island, at the Big W
price of  $44.95 which is just under 11c/piece. You get stuck with a lot of
Islanders, mind you, but at least there's no funny colours (and very little
blue, either).

My favourite is Diagnon Alley, then Hogwarts Classroom, then in last place
Gryffindor Tower (as I don't like the bed so much).

Definitely. I was almost going to say there wouldn't be many uses for
multiple 'fat lady' paintings/doors, but I'm sure I'd be wrong ;-)

Cheers

Richie