 Local / Australia / 873
RE: We should draft an "official" letter to Lego Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 06:25:58 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Low [mailto:stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 4:17 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: We should draft an "official" letter to Lego Australia

Is this version okay with you Santosh, Ben, anyone?
{commentary still in
braces like this}

------------------

Dear Lego Australia,

This letter is to inform you of a group of enthusiasts
forming a Lego club
known as LegOz. We have come together through an Internet
discussion forum
hosted at Lugnet (available at http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/
). In this forum
we discuss favorite themes, sets from the current range and
our own creations;
essentially, everything Lego.

Currently LegOz comprises {how ever many of us put their
names to this letter}
members, from all over Australia. Most of us still have our
Lego from our
childhood collection {can someone please think of a better
phrase?},

How about:
Most of us have continued to build on the collections we had as children,
while others have only recently begun to collect Lego sets, either through
having lost/given away our original collection, or not having had the
opportunity to collect lego as children.

and many
of us are raising a new generation in a house full of bricks.

Most members of LegOz have large personal collections, the
inevitable result
of enthusiasm for Lego and an adult income. Many of us aim
for completeness in
themes (such as {Dark Forest and Western}), and will purchase
sets locally and
on the international market.

Others will spend considerable effort in the pursuit of individual/bulk
elements to complete an original set or a creation of our own design.

We keep a close eye on product
release dates,
store discounts, and developments overseas, such as the
proposed LegoDirect in
the United States.

We have held events and meetings to express our interest in Lego (some
publicly), and we expect to continue to do so. LegOz would
like to know how
you feel about our group and if you support such initiatives.
We would also be
keen to participate in your promotions, such as building
events and {the truck
show?}, on a volunteer basis (or we could always be paid in bricks!).

{PeteW, how's it looking with TRU (or was it W4K?) Penrith?
Would they be
willing to break open a few sets for us to demonstrate with?}

We hope to have future dealings and discussions directly with
our local Lego
distributor, Lego Australia.

regards,
LegOz
{names, email addresses, world club numbers (if members)}

-----------------

thoughts again?

--Dave (I'll see your 2c and raise you 2c)

[And I'll raise it another 2c]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)