 Local / Australia / 8711
Re: New 2002 Star Wars sets at Ozbricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:20:59 GMT

"Aaron Coghill" <coghilla@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message
I spotted and purchased one of the new starwars Ep2 set from a national
retailer last night. Available on the shelf were the jedi duel, tuskin
raiders, bounty chase and the jedi starship. The jedi duel has a YODA
minifig.

These have also appeared at a major Melbourne retailer. Don't worry, I left
some behind... ;-)
This is how much each cost:
7103 Jedi Duel                              $18.67
7113 Tusken Raider Encounter   $18.67
7143 Jedi Starfighter                    $36.84
7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit          $56.87

Random thoughts:
* They've figured out how to make the sets seem like better value for money
on the shelf - make the boxes bigger. Don't be fooled - check the piece
counts.
* 7133 seems like the best value, especially if you want the "funky" new
green and brown.
* The Yoda minifig is very cool. I like the short-midget-legs element a
lot - I think it's a great idea.
* 7103 contains two Sand Blue classic castle shields (no printing). Count
Dooku is made from a very nice general-purpose face and torso.
* The 3x12 curved slopes have smooth surfaces, facilitating easy removal of
printing with Brasso.

These sets have a lot of the new colours, which look pretty great.

The only two genuinely new colours I have found are Sap Green and, er,
"High-Fibre Brown" (although the latter possibly appears in the Yoda
sculpture). The minifig hair in 7133 may be a slightly different shade of
this.
The rest of the newer colours already appeared in the LOM sets, (for
instance 7103 Jedi Duel contains Sand Blue and Sand Red a.k.a Raw Meat),
with the exception of Rebel Blockade Runner Red (RBR-Red for short).

Here's hoping the rest of the Ep2 sets will be available at Ozbricks on the
27th!
Michael G, my wallet is on standby... ;-)

--

Cheers,
Paul