 Local / Australia / 8621
Re: Blue tubs @ $39.99 + 8466
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley writes:
On the ticket it reads 'As Advertised', but I never received the pamphlet.
Anyway, they are finally back to the RRP of $20US.

By ticket are you referring to the shelf tag?   I haven't seen any Lego
advertised at Kmart over the past few weeks, and as far as I am aware I
haven't missed any of the catalogues.   Thanks for letting us know!

And Kmart online has suffered the same fate as OzBricks. They are also out
of the 8466. Website doesn't indicate this, but I just received a reply from
their customer service dept. (took over a week) and they claim they don't
have any left.

The Kmart online service doesn't seem to know what they are doing at the
moment.  I had to fill out a stupid and irrelevant customer feedback form to
alert them to a mistake (mismatched photo and set description, no set
numbers on any of them, just a label followed by a blank space) for a Primo
item.  Granted, they did fix it (3 days to swap the photos, another 3 to add
the set numbers to this and other items, and another _10_ days after that to
reply as I had checked the "I want a reply" box).  However, I'm fairly sure
they've got the item wrong now (i.e. they had the right photo and wrong
desc, but changed the photo instead of the desc).  I'm now playing the
"we're still trying to get your item from the supplier game" and am
wondering how long before they either realise their further mistake and
admit they can't get it at all, or send me the wrong thing (i.e. the set in
the original photo).

FWIW, I ordered the Alpine Express from them last year and had no problems
whatsoever then.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com