 Local / Australia / 8582
8581  |  8583
Subject:
Terror Incognito (and The next Studfest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:26:59 GMT

The head Conquistadoor dude turned the golden plate over in his hands,
stareing intently at the inscriptions thereon.
"I know you said this is the map to the fabled lost island, but I can't read
it" he grumped to the chief inquistior.
The Chief inquistor (Bob to his friends, not that he had any) sighed and
gently took the plaque out of the Generalissimo's hands, rotated it 90
degrees and handed it back.
"Oh I see now, it says 'Platelantis this way', right men! make the ship go!"
Bob wondered if he would ever find a soldier smart enough to provide a
challenge for him, he doubted it.

Everyone knows little secrets are easy to keep and big ones are know
woldwide before one can blink, hence it wasn't surprising that by the time
the Conqusitadoors landed on platelantis, there were several groups not far
behind and one (having used evil Timmy majik) was there before them.

One of the best things about the abandoned land, the General decided, was
the large number of deadly (and explosive) weapons left lying around by the
ex-inhabitants. Realising that there was (of course) a master control system
to all the power on the island, activated by 2 (of 5) keys made a huge
firefight, between competeing teams for control of this marvelous resource,
inevitable (and fun of course!).

I know people were keen to do some naval gazing again but I thought it'd be
fun to try a scenerio like the one detailed in
http://news.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/?n=1000
and
http://www.brikwars.com/games/brickswest2002/flagfest.htm
where our favourite piratey characters are thrown in with some devestatingly
amusing weaponry.
I'll build the scenery, assemble the weaponry, mini bases and power keys and
troops, you just have to turn up. Although you might like to bring your own
troops (and weaponry, minibase, scenery, beer, whatever) and you'd be quite
welcome to. See the pictures for more info.

How does that strike everyone?

James

P.S. for a reminder
Studfest XI?
25 Taranto Rd Marsfield (I'll make sure everyone can find the right townhouse)
7th April, 2002
From 11ish 'til whenever people have to drive home (prolly around 6ish)
No cost for venue hire, but donations of nibblys, drinks and LEGO gladly
accepted.