 Fun / Gaming / 1000
999  |  1001
Subject:
BrikWars at BricksWest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 05:11:04 GMT

For anyone who's looking forward to those "BrikWars session (tentative)"
slots on Saturday and Sunday nights, here's the plan as it currently stands:

I'll be hosting games both nights for anyone who wants to get involved.
I'll take care of keeping track of the rules and helping any newbies along,
so no experience will be necessary - in any case I plan to keep things as
fast and loose as possible, since I'm not a big fan of following rules in
the first place.  Whether or not we'll "finish" a game on either night is
anybody's guess; it depends on how many players show up and how big a chunk
of the rulebook I can convince everyone to ignore.

The following will be good to bring but are by no means necessary; I'll be
bringing all of these and there's no reason we can't share:

1. Patience and good humor (these are a little more necessary than the rest)
2. Paper and pencils
3. Dice
4. Measuring tape
5. (for Sunday's game) armies of troops and vehicles for yourself and, if
possible, some extras for other players
6. (for Sunday's game) buildings and scenery

--- SATURDAY

For Saturday night I'm setting up a large-scale "capture the flag" game -
I'm supplying all armies and scenery.  For the first night I'm keeping
everything simple for new players; every team gets an identical set of
troops and equipment.  The battle is set in a post-apocalyptic urban
wasteland, which I hope to build out to four by four baseplates by this
weekend (it's half done now, so I'll be burning the midnight oil between now
and then!).  Players should expect to contend with minefields, barbed wire,
collapsed freeways, etc.  Pictures of the teams are on BrickShelf and are
described at the end of this message.

--- SUNDAY

Sunday night's game I'm leaving open for players to bring their own troops
and scenery - I'll try and bring extra squads of troops for people who want
to play but didn't bring their own.  I expect that a lot of the models from
the capture-the-flag game will be reused for Sunday night's game.  We'll
figure out the format of the game depending on the interests of whomever
shows up, but I expect that we'll end up dividing players into two or three
teams and just setting them at each other in a free-for-all.

Players who bring their own armies should try and limit them to a manageable
size.  A single squad of troopers with perhaps two small or one medium
vehicle, or a single large vehicle with a pilot and gunner would be about
right.  If you can determine stats for all your units yourself, great;
otherwise, e-mail me or track me down prior to the game and we'll hack some
out real fast.

--- CAPTURE THE FLAG

I've prepared seven teams for the capture the flag game on Saturday; if we
get more than seven players some of them will have to pair up.  Each team
gets one Mini-Base, a Captain, a Medik, and a Ninja all fully-equipped
(their stats and abilities will be a little different than normal in order
to simplify the game), and six Troopers who must equip themselves from their
base armory and whatever they can scavenge from the battlefield.  Each base
comes equipped with six Hand-to-Hand Weapons, five Shields, six Guns, four
Big Guns, one Ridiculously Big Gun (all weapon stats will be grossly
simplified), one Battery (for activating various machine scattered around
the battlefield), one Motorcycle, and one Enormous Flag.  Victory is
acheived when any one player has two flags mounted on his base pedestal at
the end of a round (or three flags if there are many players).

1. The Acropolyptix
Team color: White / Silver
Captain: Centurion Daveius
Medik: Bloody Maryius
Philosophic Goals: A return to Classicism and the pursuit of purification
through wholesale slaughter of enemies

2. Darktron Assault Detachment
Team Color: Black
Captain: Dark Lord 37
Medik: Dr. Nefarious
Philosophic Goals: Job satisfaction through grinding the oppressed under an
iron heel

3. Timmy and the Devil Tribe
Team Color: Red
Captain: Demon Kahuka, Lord of Bats
Medik: Voodoo Timmy
Philosophic Goals: Corruption of all virtues, promotion of Evil and the
Timmy Cult

4. Richard CVII's Foreign Legion
Team Color: Blue
Captain: Sir Richard CVII
Medik: Lieutenant Percival "Up and At 'Em" Bly
Philosophic Goals: The demonstration of valor through honorable combat; the
procurement of attractive battle-scars with which to impress the ladies back
home

5. The Warriors of Iron Mountain
Team Color: Gray / Purple
Captain: Daimyo Dan
Medik: EMT-90 Droid
Philosophic Goals: The continual escalation of violence and vengeance for
all imagined slights

6. The Qui-Gork Horde
Team Color: Green
Captain: Saruwoman of Many Colors
Medik: Enchanted Chalice Qui-Gork
Philosophic Goals: A return to agrarian culture, the destruction of modern
society, and the conversion of all free people into Qui-Gork slaves

7. "Sand Rats" Gentlemen Adventurers Society
Team Color: Yellow / Tan
Captain: Frankie Thunder
Medik: Doctor Chewbacca, M.D.
Philosophic Goals: Exploration, collection of valuable artifacts, the
carefree destruction of irreplaceable archaeological sites

- Mike.