 Local / Australia / 8512
8511  |  8513
Subject:
Visit to Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:55:29 GMT

I had my first experience at shopping in Brisbane last night. I managed to
avoid making *any* purchases (although the c.$80 Dino Research Compound was
hard to pass by.... and I think they still have some in Sydney for when I
change my mind). After all I had a Guarded Inn and Blacksmith Shop waiting
for me in the boot of Kerry's car.

I saw the KMart exclusive Alpha Team sets in the box for the first time...
they look pretty good, especially the $20 yellow sub set. But I was strong
and resolved to wait for the next sale.

Thanks Kerry for chauffeuring me around, and giving me an impromptu lesson
in Brisbane (the largest city, in area, in Australia) geography.

And thanks to the BUGs for letting me in on the S@H order. I resisted
staying up late and building the Blacksmith Shop last night. It was pretty
late (considering the loss of daylight saving time on the journey north),
and I wanted to have the Full Building Experience. And I wanted to make sure
all the bits got back to Sydney.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Quester for a 40% off Hogwarts Castle.