 Local / Australia / 821
RE: Maxifigs (was: Why do you hate the Jar-Jar minifig?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 23:10:09 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: James Howse [mailto:jehowse@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 7:21 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Maxifigs (was: Why do you hate the Jar-Jar minifig?)

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
JarJar makes a good statue. I used the head and hands from
JarJar, and the reversed torso and legs from Anakin giving an
all tan idol that stands quietly in the jungle overgrowth. • Hadn't thought of that....Sounds like a good idea.
This way they can cut back even further on the
number of pieces in a model.
"You can tell we are Lego because we are not Playmobil."
"And we want to be the best known childrens toy by 2005. We • aim to do this
by taking the playability out of our toys."

Anyway, I want the maxi-figs to return so I can finish a • couple of sets.
[Apollo landing and police patrol..can't remember set • numbers or official /
US :( names]

Are you after maxifigs? I've been wondering what to do with
them. what exactly
are you after, colour and piece?

James (who's amused fabuland returns this year with Dizney
heads, You thought
Timmy/Jarjar was bad...)

Well, from memory, I've got one set of white shoulders, white arms and
yellow hands, and need 2 more [or to be more precise I need 1 more, and an
arm with 'pin' to connect into the shoulder], and I think I need 1 black
shoulders with white wrists and yellow hands, along with a head for him and
a spare head for anoth constable [I think it is set 198 although I'm not
sure..all I know is that it has 2 policemen standing, and one on a
motorbike.] I also need the police hats/hair/whatever for the set.

On second thoughts, how about you let me know what you've go, and I'll see
if I have the rest of the parts for those sets <insert hopeful face>..

Actually, I'd also be interested in a yellow ladder [and possibly blue hinge
and US flag] from the apollo landing if you've also got them.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)