 Local / Australia / 7834
7833  |  7835
Subject:
And speaking of cranes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 12:21:36 GMT

Here's a little number I spied at a local building site - a 250 ton Sergi
mobile crane. Sorry for the blurry spots - it was raining when I took the
shots. With any luck I'll be able to get more shots of it actually working; I'd
like to get shots of it being dismantled, too, but unfortunately that's pretty
unlikely.

Pictures at http://www.brickshelf.net/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8728

It's easily the biggest mobile crane I've seen up close. I may try building one
of these some day, but it won't be for at least a couple of years - if anyone
wants to use the pictures, feel free. If you want pics of a specific part,
email me. Can't gaurantee anything, though...

For those around Melbourne who may be interested, it's be working at the site
of the new Docklands Apartments.

Regards

ROSCO