 Local / Australia / 7829
Re: Port Block coming alive again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:27:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Hi all,

After having fallen on hard economic times (busy times in non-Lego life)
Port Block is re-emerging.  It seems to have been so long since I posted
that a bit of an update seems in order...

The new ship made possible by the February and June trading festivities with
the Northerners and Southerners (thanks guys) has finally made it out for
trials, so there are now two ships that make up the Port Block Squadron, in
addition to the various piratical (3) and Brikish naval ships (1) in the
area (not counting the 12 wide boats).

No pic's - there's nothing really remarkable about her - wide, three
centres, three masts, four guns, four ports a side, and an aftercastle not
unlike http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6274

But she does ride well along side the 6274 (with the extra centre and mast,
three guns, three ports a side) that is the other part of the Port Block
Squadron.

Bought a Hagrid's Hut (first Lego set in quite a while) which with minor
modifications makes a very decent blacksmith's.  Have only praise for this set.

Hoping to extend this week.  Port Block actually stands on about 1.2sqm -
with luck we'll soon be on 2.9sqm, and there'll be space to get some ships
off the shelf, to build a decent warehouse with a rail and wagon loading
area, and to build some shipbuilding stuff as well.

By the end of the week (annual leave - love it) I'll have made a pass over
the site too http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/welcome.htm

The 1911 Dreadnought HMAS Australia is currently on hold - while the specs
are sorted and cool, seeing the Lego attempt at the Tantive IV and what with
advances in snotwise construction I've found myself musing on a minifig
scale Radiant VII or similar.

More before Friday...

Good to have my hands back on the blocks.

Richard
Still baldly going...

Good to hear from you again, Richard. I was beginning to wonder where you'd
got to but, as you said, it's always good to have your hands back on the blocks.

Zac