 Local / Australia / 7675
7674  |  7676
Subject:
AdeLUGs #2 review - 4 weeks late :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:51:58 GMT

Hi everyone

I suppose its about time I posted a review on AdeLUGs #2.
On Satuday 6th of October we had our second meeting.......

ATENDEES
-------------
Carl Watson
Ben Westwood
Barry White
Tom Williams
Don Lee (his 1st meeting)
John Hayward (guest from the UK!)

DETAILS
----------

The meeting was almost cancelled due to the fact that I had to make 2 trips
to the hospital (as chauffeur) in the early hours of the morning. The
meeting (shortened) went ahead & I ended up feeling pretty good.
John Porter & Jane McDermott couldn't make it on the day due to sickness.
We met Don & John for the first time.
Don had some vintage 70's LEGO & also Fabuland for trade (this made me very
happy).
The only LEGO John had with him in Australia were a promotional airlines set
& some Bionicle masks (making Ben very very happy)
Barry had brought some more of his amazing asian style MOC's (including a
rice field & a bridge).
Tom set up a blue 12v train layout.
I spent most of my time boring everyone by talking about Fabuland (showing
them pictures of all the different Fabuland pieces that I wanted).
Unfortunately there were no pictures taken.

Most of the rest of the time was spent trading (and chatting).
We all had a good time.
Next meeting will hopefully be early Dec @ my house again. This time longer
& better organsied.

Thanks to everyone for coming.