 Local / Australia / 7620
Re: BUGS go shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:56:50 GMT

Without the GST & Customs worries etc. Big orders are definately the way to
go to minimize the percentage of shipping cost..

All you need is the money to pay for it

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Kerry Raymond <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message
Just FYI... the BUGS shop@home order resulted in two large cartons • arriving
at my house this morning, about 8.5 days after ordering.

No hassles with paying GST or Customs duty, but there was some delay with
Customs due to the  absence of an invoice, according to UPS who phoned me • to
ask what was in the box and what it cost etc. Since there was quite • clearly
an invoice sealed to the outside of one carton, I wonder if the cartons • got
separated and that the second carton without the invoice caused the • problem.
So, not completely hassle-free but it seems to have been a minor hiccup.

Not all the items ordered were delivered. Two items were shown as
"cancelled" on the invoice. One item is now showing as Not Available on • S@H
so fair enough, but the other one is a mystery as it still showing as
Available Now.

As this order was split between 9 of us, the shipping cost was only $10
each, which makes it much less painful!

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond