 Local / Australia / 7547
7546  |  7548
Subject:
A MUGS eye view [was Re: plugs #1 is over]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:10:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
It was really good to meet all the local AFOLs. Having sue-ann barber
here was a great bonus. Good to see various catalogs and instruction
books for sets that I wish I owned but dont. Seeing various MOCs was
cool, especially stuff like braith garden with his black truck and car.

< Posted on behalf of Sue-Ann who cannot currently post for herself >

It was great to meet some of the Perth Lugnet people on Sunday! I have a few
photos that will eventually make their way onto the net when I get the
chance next week sometime. For the second time in ages I arrived with little
(or nothing) to trade (this is becoming a disturbing habit). We (Trev and I)
arrived just after 1.30pm  and were greated by Jonathan, Braith Garden and
Terry Mason. Braith had a great droid  - complete with original building
plans. HE also had a great black car (as mentioned by Jon) which sadly has
now been dismantled. Just after we arrived we were joined by Adam and his
female friend whose name escapes me (sorry!)

It was great to see other people enjoying the presence of flubber. Braith
and Terry had an interesting selection of catalogues and flyers. Both came
in handy as I attempted to identify a piece of Fabuland purchased earlier in
the day at swapmeet.

We traded Lego stories of sets from the past and talked about the difference
in Lego collecting (and building) across Australia.

Before we knew it, it was time to go and we had to leave for family
commitments.

Well done Jonathan and other PLUGS. I hope you continue to have lots of
regular meetings. And a big thanks to Jon's parents for the use of their
house

cheers

Sue Ann