 Local / Australia / 7517
Re: BUGs 938/432-12/JW-3 is over
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:03:10 GMT

Hi all, it is the hungover one here

A good turnout today at my place for BUGS 938/432-12/JW-3 (this representing
the new numbering scheme in which the IP address of the host's computer is
multiplied by the time of the commencement of meeting measured in seconds
since 1 Jan 1970 Greenwich Mean Time, with the postcode used to calculate a
checksum after application of a Soundex Code -- see many earlier threads for > the history of this simple yet effective numbering scheme).

Now are you going to make the dating code available under the GNU public
license so that I can generate a routine for determining (in cases where
a house has two or more active IP's) a traffic based log based on the
total active time of each computer in the 48 hours before the meeting.

A late scratching was Tim Hungover Gould, who had better make a
special effort to attend the next meeting as penance.

He will, he will. I blame the Institute of Modern Art for providing too
much beer at its grand opening.

I'm very sorry I missed the meeting. Not only would I have loved to see
all those wonderful toys, a friend and I had built a small but rather
menacing fort which I would have liked to have shown off.

Speaking of future meetings, Gary Quinlan is offering to host our next BUGS
meeting, tentatively scheduled for 2 December with a Christmas theme. So
pencil it into your diary, and watch this space for Gary's official
announcement! David Drew will be amazing us all with his fabulous all-white
Christmas-themed Technics/robotics MOC built from all those Space Shuttles
he owns, while Tim Gould will be presenting a Star Wars sleigh pulled by a
team of red-faced Darth Mauls.

I shall be there. And I will not leave the house the previous day (nor
shall I consume beer, peanuts, art, or anything else that may result in
my head pounding more than any head has pounded before).

Sorry again to have missed the meet and I'm glad everyone has much fun.

Tim