 Local / Australia / 7488
7487  |  7489
Subject:
Harry Potter sets at Toyworld - Brisbane CBD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 02:23:23 GMT

I visited the 2 Toyworld stores in Brisbane's CBD in pursuit of Harry Potter
sets. The ones I think I saw (from memory) were:

4701 Sorting Hat
4702 The Final Challenge
4704 The Room of the Winged Keys
4705 Snape's Class
4706 Forbidden Corridor
4707 Hagrid's Hut
4709 Hogwarts Castle

The prices (again from memory) were $10 for the Sorting Hat, $20 for the next
one, then $40 for a couple of the middle-sized, then Hagrid's Hut ($65 or
$70), then the Castle ($150 or $200).

If you are in Brisbane, note that the Toyworld on Queen Street had the lower
prices for the larger sets than the one at Toyworld in the Myer Centre. I was
surprised to see them priced differently (especially by $50 for the castle),
so maybe I just misread the price or something.

Also there were still a stack of discount Powerpullers at both stores, but the
price seems to have risen to $112. I'm sure they were around $90-something
when they first discounted them.

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599