 Local / Australia / 7386
Re:s@home australia customs again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 05:23:47 GMT

To all fellow Australians who are having trouble with their S@H orders, here
is an update on what I have done over the last 24 hours.
1. For the second time sent a fax to UPS with the copy of the letter from Jake
   McKee. The first fax did not arrive at its destination?
2. Sent an e-mail to Jake McKee stating that numerous Aussies were still having
   trouble with being asked for payment of fees prior to their order being
   delivered. Jake McKee sent me an e-mail back saying he is in contact with
   his European counterpart to get this matter sorted out pronto.
3. Phoned UPS to see what is happening there. At last some joy, they say that
   they are corresponding with Lego and it seems that Lego will pay the
   charges. There might be light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Last night I also sent an e-mail to Consumer Affairs here in Tassie. They
   could not offer much advice, only suggested paying the charges and then
   getting Lego to re-imburse. Not an option in my opinion as we have already
   paid the charges once as part of the purchase price of the Lego items.
Frances