 Local / Australia / 7356
7355  |  7357
Subject:
update to message; re S@H orders to Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:00:59 GMT

Here is an extract from a letter I received today:

We apologize for the inconvenience you had with your first order via LEGO
Shop at Home.
There was a mistake in our systems and we would like to stress, that LEGO
Direct pays all customs, GST and fees on behalf of the customers. The prices
you see are all inclusive, once the P&H has been added to the value of your
order.
We have been working with UPS to clear up why this happened and to prevent
such a problem from happening again. This was a typical start up error which
nevertheless is completely unacceptable to all parties.

I now only have to wait for the delivery of the parcel, hopefully tomorrow,
and the population of my Lego town will have a new train on which to travel.
Frances