 Local / Australia / 6814
Re: A couple of more LEGO sales this week...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 02:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Just for those interested:
BOB THE BUILDER
3273 $24.95
3276 $59.95

I notice that in the Target catalog, they didn't give an 'amount off' for
the Bob the Builder sets.

They wouldn't be sneakily adding new undiscounted products to their sale
catalog, would they? (If they are, I'm sure they've learned their lesson and
have inserted the appropriate [not so] fine print)

Well, they were on special ($5 discount each), at least for Tas, and
previous discussions seem to point to Target being on national pricing for
the regular price (although clearance and discount sales vary from region to
region).  The Winnie the Pooh set with the baseplate was $10 off from the
price of the week before, and that wasn't indicated either.

Actually, I must be picky and point out that the word "sale" in and of
itself does not require an actual discount from the regular price, so even
if they hadn't been discounted there would not have been a problem in this
case.  It would have been a problem if it was claimed to be "x% off all
Lego" or "x%-y% off all Lego" (or toys in general or even storewide) or even
"$x off all Lego" and there wasn't any actual discount (or was excluded in
fleeting fine print), but this was just a "toy sale" and was quite legal.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com