 Local / Australia / 6668
Re: some news... S@H... Hairy Potty... Dogalog etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:27:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:

First of all... S@H won't be IN Australia.... just delivered to... from
either Denmark or USA... which one?  they are not quite sure just yet...

They've promised it by the end of the year, and they haven't decided yet?
And they expect the announcement to be taken seriously?

also depends on the government (OZ and NZ) and what they will want to charge
on certain products and at what GST/Tax and other nonsense and what to
catagorise it... blah blah... "hicups, hicups, hicups" any excuse to make
some money I guess...

I always say there's no such thing as *too* cynical. ;-)

S@H will hopefully be delivered to Australia before the end of the year.  I
guess that if it comes from USA then realistically we should be able to get
most of the products... if not all??? I hope so anyway.  But once again The
postage will kill us... I suggest surface mail - takes awhile but sometimes
it is worth it.  Ohhhh and don't forget to not order too much!  Otherwise Mr
GST and Mr Customs will be after you :P

There will presumably be a (minor) advantage in that we wont have to pay US
taxes and then Australian taxes on top.

What they will charge us in the end will be the greatest mystery on earth!
Will it be at a special price to us?  Will they acommodate some of the
postage?  Will they give it to us at American rates?  And can we pay with
more than just a credit card?  I am sure some of these questions will be
what some of you/us are thinking.

Harry Potter will be out soon! (well not toooooo far away) but it isn't sure
if we will end up with all 11 sets yet.  GRRRRRRR!

I didn't realise it was doubtful. This is far more concerning than S@H's
presence (read availability) or absence.

The catalog that is delayed should be out in Aug or Sept at the latest
HAHAHAH... by the time we will get it... next years will be out!
Not in Australia, though ;-)

Ooooh and I asked about the 'Legends' Lego... and HAH... fat chance!  of
course we will NOT be seeing this here in Australia :(((... how typical

Except through S@H, I presume.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork
Whose LEGO budget is more than matched by the current supply.