 Local / Australia / 6639
6638  |  6640
Subject:
S@H...It may not be good news when (if) it does arrive!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:57:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I had an order from S@H sent to a friend in the US and forwarded on to me,
but unfortunately it seems LD rely on deceptive advetising with some items...

Set 7000: Young Ankylosaurus.

This set features a nice picture with 4 2x2 corner sloped bricks in
Verdi-gris, helping form a nice body for the animal...yet when it arrives, I
find it uses other, less useful, parts and has a dis-appointing shape.

Set 2996: The lost tomb (?).

This set has the following description:

"Johnny Thunder and Professor Lightning are exploring the Lost Tomb. They've
got all the gear they need -- shovels, picks, and more -- but Sam Sinister
is on the way to steal the treasure! "

And yet when I opened the set...no Johnny Thunder or Professor Lightning.
[guess which of the two I was most dis-appointed abount not receiving :)]

Anyway, I've emailed S@H US [where the order was placed with] and I hope to
hear back soon...Just thought I'd warn people of what S@H is like.

Benjamin Whytcross

Lugnet Member No. 407