 Local / Australia / 6223
6222  |  6224
Subject:
LEGO® Trademark usage (was: Wings )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 01:15:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
valves, it is not a problem with my space craft.  I also not that my space
craft is constructed of both bricks and plates, as is the usual standard of
Lego space craft and so it becomes exhausting to say Lego bricks and plates
in every sentence so I simply say Legos to indicate that I am meaning Lego
bricks and plates but I do appreciate the effort of your response to my >>letter.

I don't work for The LEGO® company, but I do read bits of what they say. In
order to help you follow I've added a link to this message. I hope you have
Acrobat® Reader or a similar program that allows you to read .PDF files.

http://www.lego.com/info/pdf/presskituk.pdf

The last page is
LEGO trademark usage

Please help us protect our trademark:

1.The trademark LEGO should be written in CAPITAL letters.

2.The trademark should not be refered to in a generic way such as "LEGOS" or
"legos," or as plural or possessive words like "LEGO's"

3.When using the LEGO trademark as a noun, never leave it alone. Always add
an extra noun. E.g.:LEGO sets, LEGO products, LEGO toys, LEGO building
bricks, LEGO universe etc.

4.The first time the LEGO trademark appears in a headline or title and in
the following text, it should be accompanied by the registration symbol ®.

End quote.

***Note if you cannot work out how to add ® to your text it is equally
acceptable to use (R) [Captial R in curved brackets] to indicate trademark.***

I have posted this message by accident---please ignore it everyone.
Thanx  ;]
KDJ

You know, Todd may have a fix for that, he's proposed having to e-mail
confirm messages, it'd stop hip-shooting and lip-flapping, or at least,
that's the plan.

James® (who loves to ® in the morning ® at lunchtime and ® lots at night)