 Local / Australia / 6148
  Re: Monopoly Money to spend...

(...) "David Jones?" Is that one of those odd transoceanic "tweaks" a company does, like T.J. Maxx in the US = T.K. Maxx in the UK? The store you describe sounds a lot like Peter Jones in England. (...) LEGO cookware wouldn't get you too far. LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Monopoly Money to spend...

(...) Almost definitely not as Peter Jones is just one single department store that got subsumed into the John Lewis Partnership, everywhere else (except other local stores that kept their names like Trewins in Watford and Robert Sayle in Cambridge) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Monopoly Money to spend...

(...) Hmm. They could have went one better and called it T.J. Hooker. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Monopoly Money to spend...

(...) The owner of Davey Jones locker perhaps ? David Jones is our upmarket department store chain, only in the better suburbs of course. (...) If you wander around in the sun, they eventually turn yellow, or so I'm told. (...) I'll tell you after I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au)