 Local / Australia / 614
RE: S@H - 4 buses, stand with lights available, 3411 info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 23:39:11 GMT

Todd,

Just curious if you've changed the ruling since you posted the following in
loc.au, or is this sort of thing still off-topic in .general ?

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Lehman [mailto:lehman@javanet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 9:11 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Where did you lot spring from?

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I wasn't nessesarily referring to lugnet on this, just • making a general
statement about the way things seem to be [unfortunately].

1 thing that springs to mind though, is the number of posts • regarding things
like WalMart, and other sales. These messages, which are • only of intrest to
the US always get posted in .general. Unfortunately, • nothing gets done about
having these either posted in .loc.us, • or.market.shopping/wherever. This
makes it hard to sift through .general looking for • anything. [Admittedly, I
can't recall what is allowed to be posted in .general • regarding sales, but I
feel that this sort of posting would be better in .loc.us, • and .market, not
.general, and I try to keep news of Aus sales in .loc.au, • so as not to cause
offense to people who would have no intrest in this.]

OK, good point.  Thanks.  Hadn't noticed that, and
wouldn't've seen any
problem if Aus sales had been posted in .general either.  But
now that you
mention it, announcements of sales and such ARE rather
off-topic to .general.