 Local / Australia / 5916
5915  |  5917
Subject:
Studly foray to Melbourne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:40:39 GMT

Evening all,

Home at last after a great long weekend south of the border.

I had a great time meeting Melbourne dudes and getting a feel for just how
differently Lego is done just a thousand kilometres away :-)

Special thanks to Ben and Mandy, and Sue Ann and Trevor, for their wonderful
hospitality and organisation that made it all go swimmingly.  And what
collections these guys have massed!

The trading was rather good from a Port Block point of view.  Among other
things, a new wide brown 3 centre section hull stands on the slipway.  Get
ready! (thanks Sue Ann & Martin).

Special mention also for Paul Baulch.  I think that I shall never see so
impressive a starship as the as yet unnamed MSV-X - never until Paul builds
his next anyway...

My little camera was working overtime and is now utterly tuckered, as is
this little bald duck.  I'll have the camera hauled off to the photo house
tomorrow and see if I can get some snaps up.

Thanks also to James and Richie.  Three men in a car for 10 hours down and
10 hours back can be rather unpleasant I'm told, but instead, it was fun ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...