 Local / Australia / 5913
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:57:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
I hope not! I'll take _some_ LEGO, but clothes and books will probably come
first... (no snide comments about priorites please).

  What do you mean, snide?  We're being completely serious.  :)
  I moved back to NJ and around 65% of what I brought back here
  was LEGO--most of which I had acquired in the last year.

  As for going to the US being like dying, it depends on where
  you go, and where you're coming from.  Coming to the East Coast?
  The thrombosis will probably get you.

I'm heading for Tallahassee, Florida -- should I watch out for dimpled chads?

A bit of both I suspect: I'm not keen on making false declarations to
Customs (so less than US$100), but I'd rather do big orders occasionally
than small ones twice a week (so more than US$50-60).

  95033000.  Remember that number, and insert it whenever you
  fill out the little customs tag.  No customs charges, at least
  not in any of the LEGO-consuming countries that I've encountered.
  That includes Australia; at least, I'm pretty sure it does given
  that they've never charged me and I've declared packages at over
  US $800 before.

That's very cool -- I'm also a bit worried about the Gigantically Stupid
Tariff that Customs might add at the .au end...

-DaveL