 Local / Australia / 5867
Re: UCS sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 04:56:03 GMT

Mmmmm.... I bought the Tie Intercepter from T'R'U on Saturday (20% off for
World Kids Day), and, man, golly gee. Looks fantastic on my bookshelf.

The UCS Tie Interceptor is great stuff, but IMHO the UCS X-Wing is the
absolute cat's pyjamas in the Star Wars theme. I just love waggling them
wings.

The Millennium Falcon is definitely in 3rd place (OK, I know it isn't a UCS
set but it is a large top-$ Star Wars set).

Both my UCS sets are still gracing my lounge room many many months after I
built them; even my husband seems to tolerate them well. The MF went back
into the bit bucket fairly quickly.

Mind you, the other day I had a Foxtel technician at home fixing a problem
and as he was leaving, he said "Is that really made out of Lego? Wow! That's
amazing!". At the time, he was standing in a spot from which about 6 - 8
largish models could be seen (including the 2 UCS sets). Which set had
caught his fancy? No, it wasn't either of the UCS sets. It wasn't my
Wobbegong pirate ship with the all-female crew of bloodthirsty piratesses.
It wasn't my castles. It was the MB aircraft carrier.

Fond as I am of the MB aircraft carrier, it was scheduled to go back into
the bit bucket some months ago, but it has stickers-over-multiple-parts on
the flight deck and I can't bear to cut them. I guess I just have to bite
the bullet and grab that Stanley knife. This weekend ...

As for the UCS sets, I think they'll be in the lounge room for quite a
while!

Kerry