 Local / Australia / 5813
5812  |  5814
Subject:
Gunning for third. Gaining on the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:03:42 GMT

Last time we mentioned we were about to overtake another country in .loc
postings we spurred the Italians to greater verbosity. Now it's the Pommys'
turn. Last I checked we're some 230 posts (2 to 4 weeks of posts) behind.
With a South Eastern fest coming up and inevitable
end-of-year-clearance-sales with (fingers crossed up to 50%?!?) off perhaps
we can cement the claim as "most noisy nation". Of course we could always
give another cultural clothing lecture or tease the Americans about
S@H/vegiemite/blue tubs etc. Anyway I'm just posting 'cause it's past my
bedtime and I noticed we were gaining on the .uk group.

James (who wants lots of replies to boost the post-count)