 Local / Australia / 5771
Re: Who has a substantial Lego Army
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 04:44:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, George Georgiou writes:
I have been trying to amass a Lego army for Brickwars for a little while now
(and its going a bit slow due to funds). I am curious to see what other
people have amassed in terms of a fighting force.
I am personally interested in the Castle era, and I would like to know who
would possibly be an opposing force in Castle Brickwars in any future
events.
I will be counting my 'small' force and posting the info here soon. I have
seen what others have done in the Lugnet.castle newsgroup and the amount of
minfigs has been amazing.
I am hanging out for the chance to see a good sized battle at the Melbourne
Meeting in June.

Last I counted I've got 250 heads so I assume I have about that many figs.
For castle I have about 50 classic and about 100 ninja (mostly <set:1186>).
To melbourne I'm bringing around 25 x-treme team figs, picked up in
<set:6568> and other places. I have only a few other spacemen, and a handful
of pirate/soldiers. Quite a few town figs though I have an objection to
fielding an army of Police. We had over 300 figs at the "Tale of two pities"
(see the STUDS site for the writeup) and with that many it got very bogged
down. The "Wherefore art thou" game we played with a points (and therefore
figs) limit was in my opinion much better (not just 'cause it didn't go for
6 hours either). I've played games with my brother where we had around 10
figs each and they were very fun, so bigger isn't always better. That said
there is an ego boost when you start unloading figs and your oppenent says
you've got that many! and you reply, that's just the first bucket.

In conclusion. Don't worry about only having a few guys, one can still enjoy
Brikwars. And anyone bringing 100 of the same fig should be treated with
caution as a madman who has too much time and money.

James (who really means it about the madman thing...)