 Local / Australia / 5759
Re: The Fleet (was: AT-ST PBYs finished testing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 10:36:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Still.  The legs look and work ok, and the weapons suite is a lot more
interesting.  Lookout Bricktorians...
Glad they're on my side!
I mean, I'm glad I'm on their side.
I wish the Wasabi was (a) that scary looking and (b) that complete.

I was going to post a seperate message but since I don't have any photos,
much less a web-site, here is fine.
After some rebuilding of already completed parts, building of some new parts
and general mess making and lego de-sorting, the dropship Sword of Alexander
is complete. Shipped to M'kwarie staging grounds yesterday it is now taking
up a large amount of desk-space. (I didn't think it was big until I tried to
put in my kit-bag to carry home...).
At 72ish studs long and a width of 24 studs (wingspan 70 studs) it's big
enough to carry a rhydon APC (or variant) or two Archangel HAV-10s. Sporting
three Dilithium Intertial State Complex Oscliator Ball engines (each larger
than a Rhydon) and four SmallRoundThingy(TM) Launch assist jets the dropship
is able to go from cold start to orbit in a little over 3.2 minutes.
Although lightly armed (four PeeWee Laser turrets) the weaponary is mearly
to keep landing fields clear of aggressors during takeoff/landing. The
interior is well.. spartan, something Quirk plans to remedy when next at the
shipyards, although that will have to wait until after the Bricktorian Campaign.

James (who thinks it's the largest non-building model he's made for long time)

Right...that's it...I think all consideration of 'resting' men and
equipement can be dropped if that's how you're going to behave.

That said, I'm hoping the R.B.R. can count on the 'Bond-uland' [Sue Ann ?],
along with Ross' mechanised forces, Paul's air/space-force and as much other
auxillary forces as we can put together. [I may even have to bring the
Bric-torian space force into battle, even though their equipement is
slightly antiquated.]

Benjamin Whytcross
[Who's hoping that the RBR don't end up suffering what they inflicted
earlier this year.]