 Local / Australia / 5723
Re: Pass the salt please, I have a hat to eat...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:52:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Ah well. The good thing about being a pessimist is, if you're wrong it's
'cause something good has happened.

Though in this case it's good for other people, but one can be happy
vicariously.

Accessing these should ony be a little bit more difficult than completing
an overseas ebay transaction. We still have a STUDly agent in the UK too.

<<snappy salute>> Reporting for duty, SIR!

The new pirate/technic/town sets are indeed new stock reassembled not old
stock reboxed, yay for them's that like these new sets.

Whether or not one likes the sets or not, it's the principle.
New production runs of out-of-production sets has been dreamt about and
'floated' by numerous posters. If this run works, think of the possibilities.
Good to see new artwork on the boxes too.

Yep, happy all round about this. I'm particularly keen on the Technic
re-releases as there were many sets I missed out on in my dark ages that
look particularly tasty!! I could also develop an unhealthy attraction to
Pirates too, subsequent to my "discovery" of Castle, Ninja and Adventurers.

The "July surprise" is folage, lots of it including cypress trees.

Cypress tree futures are looking glum... sell,sell,sell !

And Australia still doesn't have S@H.

Maybe now is the time for a more formal approach to LA, that's if locals
are after the re-released sets. Surely it wouldn't be a problem to throw in
x number of sets for pre-orders placed with Lego Australia, since our Lego
is ex-Europe anyway, shipped how many (4?) times per year. That's unless
they end up under an employee's Xmas tree instead.

It's always good to feel optimistic about LA every once in a while. Then
reality kicks in. Although looking at it from the other side of the world,
Europe tends to suffer from the USA syndrome in that anything non-Europe
related is just not worth their attention. The USA is an exception in that
they make so much bloomin' noise that you can't help but notice them!!

So in the end we (Aussies, Kiwis, etc) do tend to get forgotten about in the
Grand Lego Strategy (GLS). It would be interesting to find out what the
Australian/NZ contribution to TLC's turnover is, to see whether or not it's
more than just geographic persecution.

Pete Callaway

Wait, it's not all good news then. I'll leave my hat alone then.

James (who is trying to work out what he wants from LEGO... a job perhaps?)
James, what about a new name... JFK, James Future-Kristiansen.

pete.w