 Local / Australia / 5658
Re: Cool Lego Site of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 06:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
[of the Royal Mail Steamer]
Very very nice hull work.

Ahoy,

I really admire that the whole hull is modelled, I almost always conserve
bricks by stopping at the waterline, but that makes believably detailing the
inside of the hull difficult (eg "see those six 2x2 rounds there? They're
the cylinder heads...").

   It also allows one to have really nice touches like that fantail,
   which for me was the highlight of the ship.  Oh, that, and the
   imagination of the sheer terror of finding out the ship only has
   room for 23 on the lifeboats..."d'oh!" What percentage of the
   complement on board would that be?

Hmmmm... so many things to consider for my next ship.

   Likewise.  It's a great job of tackling a full-hull construction,
   and I've duly bookmarked it.  :)  I feel lucky that I'm only
   working in grey, white, and black!

   all best

   LFB