 Local / Australia / 558
Re: offtopic: UScentric Americans, why worry?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 04:29:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

<rant>
[One thing I'd really like to see change is items in marketplace that are
only for 1 country to be listed in a local area, and not where everyone else
can see them. I'm sick of offering to trade for something, only to be told
that 'Sorry, I should have mentioned in the post that I only trade in the
US'. If they're only going to trade in the US [or wherever], they should
either mention this prominently in either the subject, or before they list
the items for sale/auction/trade. Otherwise, they should have to post in
their .loc, or have post privaleges to .market revoked]
</rant>

At least on ebay it's quite clear where each auctioneer will ship to,
thankyou to all those 'will ship internationally' sellers.
If you go in thru ebay.com.au you can even tick the box 'items available to
Australia' before you start.

pete.w