 Local / Australia / 5574
Re: Bulk Orders @ LEGO AU and 82 class
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 15:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Eli Donati writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  FYI:  The 81mm tyre service packs are currently (for a short time)
  available in Europe.  This information may help your leverage, or
  if you have a connection in Europe, they may be able to get these
  to you. Item 5246, IIRC.  (Sorry, I've maxed myself out already.)

      Any idea for about how much one of these services packs goes for and
where abouts in which European countries are they available.

   It's general S@H Europe, so it should be all of Western Europe.
   Try via www.lego.com/shop, pick the country in question, and
   go to technic accessory packs.  In AUD I'd estimate the wheel
   packs at about $13 apiece; add to that shipping, exchange, and
   bounty to whomever is ordering them for you, and you'd be lucky
   to get away for less than AU$25 a pack, thus AU$150 for the six
   (twelve wheels).

Since I would needed about six due to the wheel arrangement  six on each
bogie, plus  is there anything bigger than 81mm since I have a feeling 81mm
maybe to small since I don't have the measurements of the prototype to find
the ideal type wheel and I may have to use bricks, but that means that the
blasted thing won't roll and remove a bit of the realism.

   81mm is, AFAIK, the largest solid tyres made.  The large ones
   on the Power Puller (2000, currently available) may however be
   larger--I've never owned the set so I can't really say for sure.

   best

   LFB