 Local / Australia / 5326
Re: AUSTRALIAN NAME...??????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 00:33:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Scott Kirton writes:

The 'LUG' thing seems to be overused internationally. This is ok as it gives
a sense of community, but it also gets a bit tired. If there was no
alternative I'd go for Ozlug rather than Auslug, because of the unfortunate
'slug' in the latter.

Crouching Stud, Hidden Slug.

Following on from Kevin Hall's last (and quite tasteful :) ) suggestion, why
don't we try for some small and stylish acronyms without LUG.  Failing that,
we could try a large and cumbersome acronym.

Eg.  ALLIES - Australian Lego Lovers In Every State.

   or   ALUMINA  - Antipodean Lego Users Movement for INane Acronyms

  or, my favourite,  ALLEGORY :

       Australian Lego Lovers and Enthusiasts Group, Over-Reaching Youth
(or Obsessed with Reliving Youth ;) )

Very elegant acronym.

      This last suggestion has the added benefit of containing the word
Lego, without (I hope) violating copyright.

If this violates, lookout English language.