 Local / Australia / 5050
Re: Pirate ship masts for 6274
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:55:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
I am in need of a set of masts for a 6274 Caribbean Clipper.  There is a set
of masts on ebay at the moment (with a few other bits) that is currently
around $40.  Does this seem like a reasonable price (considering there is
also the whole set MISB currently for $80)?  Does anyone have masts for this
set that they are willing to sell/trade?

Can you beat the Crunch-o-matic !
They have been cornering the market on masts and sails of late,
be they here or there.
The MISB 6274 will go much higher.
The 6274 with substituted sails may be a better bet.
As the ultimate Lego book says "the most successful product line yet" was
Pirates (SW may replace it, but they aren't 100% Lego-designed products).
So demand will always exceed supply.
On US ebay, 12 soldiers (10 blue, 2 red incl. a coupla officers) went US$80 !

Beware the Crutch-o-matic !

pete.w