 Local / Australia / 4928
4927  |  4929
Subject:
Ugly Palm Tree in Adventures set #5976
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:14:06 GMT

Today my husband went out and bought me the Adventures set of #5976 River
Expedition for $50 (at Target).  Not a bad price may I say! but I noticed
the weird quality of the Palm Tree and how different it is compared to
'normal Palm Tree's'.  The trunk was ridged in four sections (as can be seen
on the box if you look closely) and the actual Palm Leaves were one flimsy
piece! What a disappointment.  Is this what Lego is going to start serving
us up?  I mean I seriously thought it were an imposter.  I am almost ready
to chuck the ugly looking thing out.  Maybe some stray cat could become
lucky.  Has anyone else seen this tree in other sets? I hope not, hope it's
just a one off! Blurgh Yukky!.... Mel

Anyone want a close up scan of this... email me... and my apologies if this
has already been mentioned!