 Local / Australia / 4916
    Re: Not Kirk, Cook, Cagney or either of the Saints... —Santosh Bhat
   Perhaps we can label our display as a "Entierly New Concept in Model Railroading, never before seen in Australian model train exhibitions"...but not actually say its Lego. If they ask we just say "its a secret". If they get pushy, we'll tell them (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Not Kirk, Cook, Cagney or either of the Saints... —John Porter
   <snip> (...) <snip> Hmmm.. You had better not say TOY trains, it is a "Model Railway", not a toy (According to them, anyway, we don't want to get them off-side) Same rule goes for describing the model as a "train set" John (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Not Kirk, Cook, Cagney or either of the Saints... —Santosh Bhat
   (...) Yeah I've known that they get uptight about such things. But to me a toy is something you have fun with and enjoy. I hope they do have fun with their Model Trains, or why else would they do it? There's real railways out there that need fixing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Not Kirk, Cook, Cagney or either of the Saints... —Peter White
   (...) Sadly for them, that is how toy trains came into being, as...TOYS. At least AFOLs don't seem to have that problem. Even in the Lego catalogue, the age range on the top of the page for Mindstorms is 12-99 (a bit sad for all those century (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au)