 Local / Australia / 4891
Re: LEGO ONLINE FROM K MART......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:39:09 GMT

http://online.kmart.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=lego&displayMode=no

You can purchase Lego online from K Mart....

Is that URL kmomplete, I just got an error.

The URL works OK for me.

It's interesting too, that the range offered here is almost completely
different to the range in store. For example, I've never seen Mindstorms in
KMart yet they are listed the on-line store. Conversely, the on-line site
doesn't have all the little sets you would find in virtually every a KMart
store (basic buckets, impulse sets).

It looks to me like KMart on-line are going for the big ticket items. This
makes sense, I guess. If they figure the market for such sets is too small
to justify stocking them in every store, maybe there is still enough
business to justify stocking a packing centre.

There are a few items which are both in stores and on-line, like the
Imperial Stormtrooper. Looking at these, the on-line prices seem about the
same as in-store prices.

And, of course, the delivery charges will be larger proportionally for small
sets making it less attractive to buy them on-line. Nor is it clear what the
delivery charges are. It says:

"Kmart Online charges a flat fee of 2.95 AUD$ for any sized order of CDs,
DVDs or Videos." -- but nothing is said about Lego which is typically
bulkier than CDs, DVDs and Videos.

I wonder if KMart Online will get the same sales as KMart stores?

Also, I notice in the small print, that there are no FlyBuys points and no
ColesMyer shareholder discounts available at the on-line KMart store.

Kerry