 Local / Australia / 4776
Re: large castle suggestions ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:46:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Having built a pirate ship without too many pirate parts, I feel ready to
tackle building a large castle without castle parts. Gotta have something to
defend those islanders :-)

Are there any large castle sets that people have found particularly
inspirational that I might use as a starting point into the genre? Obviously
I'm intending to grab some instructions from brickshelf. I then print them
on a B&W printer, thus ensuring the colour matching is a disaster :-)

And please don't tell me to look at Kev's site. I have, and it's just too
good to even begin to attempt to copy.

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG
Lugnet Member #599

Hiya Kerry..... and I was just going to say have a look at my site...ha ha ha
The secret about Castle building, isnt the size, but all the little details
that brings it to life.... :  )

There are really two basic designs for a castle....
1. A huge defensicve wall all the way round with a keep in the middle
2. A tower Castle, with the actual keep's walls are the main defensive walls.

No. 1 design takes up alot..I mean ALOT of bricks if you dont have many
modular castle walls and alot of base plates.... So probably No. 2 is better
to start with.... that way, you can combine the defense with the tower....

Before you start building, find out what colour you have the most of....and
base your castle around that.... then use the other colours for feature
items...eg: windows.... balconys... towers.... tops of walls... feture
walls...etc For example... my large Castle on my site thats like Neust.
Castle is actually made up of grey.... white... red... black... and yellow
I used black for the base.... grey for the walls... white for the pallace
section and tops of towers... red for the gate house and some yellow here
and there for highlights...

Of coursr this is only how I build stuff... alot of people are
different...so just experiment first.... and dont be scared to get half way
through and then tear it down to start again....!!!

If you need any help, just email me

Kev...: )
PS... I'm going to be outting a tips and tricks section on my website....