 Local / Australia / 4650
4649  |  4651
Subject:
Lucky find on the weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 06:06:56 GMT

I visited Morpeth (near Maitland*) on the weekend, and found a small box
labelled "Duplo $3". A quick look revealed what seemed to be some real
Lego, plus some duplo compatible clone bricks.

When I finally got it home, I found: a blue classic space minifig (no helmet)
the front half of a fabuland plane (nose cone (no prop), exhaust pipes,
windscreen, cockpit, wings (4 x 16 plate with 24 studs) and undercarriage),
what seems to be a fabuland wall & window piece (2x6x6), and some
wall panels (1 x 6 x 5, 1x3x5), a Duplo Monoplane, a fabuland elephant
head & torso (torso hase some damage, no arms or legs) and some
clone bricks.

The clone bricks are duplo compatible (2x2, 2x4 etc, and some half height
plates and other bits and pieces). Some carry a Disney trademark, and a
few of the decorative pieces have two 'Mickey Mouse' ear  extenstions on
them. Does anyone know the story behind these bricks?

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Sydney, Australia