 Local / Australia / 4500
Re: I'm going to the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Timothy Gould writes:

I'm going to the UK in April and at some point am going to go to
Legoland. I have a question to anyone who's been there. Do any of the
shop's in Legoland stock the bulk bricks? I want to get some but have to
decide if it is worth getting a friend in London to order them for me
and I can then pick them up, or if I should wait for Legoland.

Lucky you ! Email our Sydneysider in exile, Pete Callaway, who had a season
pass last year. I'm sure he can give you any info.
<callaways.uk@virgin.net>

pete.w

Hey hey!! What can I say!!

Can you pack some sunshine in your bags too? It is sorely missed.

LLW currently doesn't stock any bulk bricks other than a couple of tubs, but
they do offer some pretty good deals as I luckily found out before they shut
for the nastier part of winter. They open again at the end of March, so
hopefully they've neglected to change the price tags and things will still
be going cheap.

So you'd be better to get your friend to order them for you (or I could) and
pick them up when you get here. And stay away from Hamleys otherwise you'll
do yourself an injury over the prices there (remember, they're all in squids
too, not Aussie Pesos). Mind you, it's worth a look, just don't look at the
price tags. It hurts.

So when exactly are you here? For how long? What are you going to be doing?
Need a personal guide around LLW (any excuse, and my season pass is still
valid)? I'll be in LLB from March 30 to April 1 (Happy Birthday to me!!) and
Italy from April 11 to April 16, so if our London time coincides it'd be
great to meet you... I don't think I've had the pleasure yet.

Cheers, eh wot!

Pete Callaway