 Local / Australia / 4311
Re: Looking for Sydney-siders... (was Re: Toyworld Special)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low writes:

Hi Heather!
Toyworlds are pretty good for "old stock at 50% off" deals. TRU steep
discounts are my favourite though. I really recommend a meeting to the
Adelaide folk: always a lot of fun.

Independent toy stores seem to get 'special' supplies of certain sets eg.6087,
where TRU's, K-marts and Big W's will clear out existing stock. TRU did get a
supply of 7171s and 8462s and 8448s to sell at discount. Lego Australia deals
out different favours to different retailers.

So where are the Sydney metro dwelling lurkers? Apart from Richie and
Anthony, the STUDS list includes: Santosh Bhat (local), Peter Callaway (UK),
Eli Donati (south), David Drew (south), Andrea Hall (north), Kevin Hall
(north), James Howse (local), David Low (local), Mike McLeod (north),
Richard Parsons (south), Peter White (local). Gosford to Mittagong via
Penrith is pretty huge catchment for a grand total of thirteen AFOLs, with
only six living in the various suburbs. Do LUGNET aware Lego fans really
only make up 0.00026% of this great city's population (oh the humanity)?

I'm probably classified as (west) as of 1 year ago, before that I was inner
west for most of my life. How I miss the restaurants, coffee, independent
movies etc (sob,sob). Here I am on the hot dry featureless plain that is
suburbia's furthest extremity (oh the inhumanity).

When you see all the people bidding on various used Lego items on local ebay
with Australian email addresses, it makes you wonder. Are they in denial ?
Are they quietly lurking ? Lugnet is not that hard to find, if you have
computer access. Come out and share your interests ! They can't be worse than
our babblings. Calling Sydney metro Lego users...delurk and join the fun.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>