 Local / Australia / 4281
4280  |  4282
Subject:
2001 catalogue spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:45:23 GMT

K-Mart (Chadstone, VIC) had a LEGO catalogue for the first half of 2001.
It's rather hefty. It was the only one left... apparently people kind of
like free catalogues, hopefully being LEGO ones had something to do with it
too ;-)

Anyway, it's _mostly_ like the scans from the catalogue at this URL...

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/

...except differently laid out (in a lot of cases more poorly laid out, so
sets can't be seen entirely. Yay!). However, there are other pages devoted
to stuff not in the above catalogue (or not scanned, anyway):
- SCALA - Big time Barbie doll house stuff. Lots of furniture and
neat-coloured baseplates. Needs a room supp-pack though to accomodate all
the extra furniture!
- Belville - Pretty sad affair compared to what it used to be. I guess
they're wrapping the theme up.
- DUPLO - A LOT of new sets. Some are rather cool for DUPLO. New farms, new
zoo, racetrack, a whole lot of different new sets that would go quite well
with your DUPLO train layout. Actually, really really well. ;-)
- "Lego creator" sets - an interesting group of sets with weird 5cm high
'figs and sets that are mostly BASIC-ey but have some interesting Town
parts. If you want to build Town lamp-posts and stuff then this looks like a
better option than Fabudisney.
- a heap of non-brick LEGO merchandise - clothes, bags, watches... whoopee
doo for the most part, but there's a lot of pages devoted to it.

Anyway, perhaps this stuff's been around already, but I hadn't seen it so I
found it all rather interesting. I hope we get all of this stuff here,
especially the 4565 Goods Train and the 4556 Train Station because they're
in the catalogue (and they rock, relatively speaking), and so far I haven't
found a dreaded disclaimer saying "some sets not available in Australia"....
so cross your fingers.

Oh, and there's a lot of "buy LEGO on the Web!" and "only available on the
Web!" blurb, even more than the second 2000 catalogue. They even show the
Statue of Liberty set. let's hope they're actually going to back this up
soon.

Anyway, a very interesting catalogue. "Copyright 2001 LEGO Group."  Printed
in Austria.
Sorry, no scans :-(  Good luck finding one at your local K-Mart.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

P.S. Note that, "Group", not "Company". Someone told me they'd dropped the
"Group" thing. Maybe they need it again for Korea.