 Local / Australia / 4024
Re: Studfest VII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

Worthy stuff about fondness for spacecraft, not having
figs to crew sailing ships and lobbying to run
futuristic battles rather than pirate wars as planned.

No problem.

We're aiming at pirate wars because there has been interest for a while, and
ships are a bugger to transport, and since they're already here, and the
Studfest is here, it all kind of made sense.

If the concern really is figs, its no problem.  I can supply crews for the
figless, and there is no problem (in true BrikWars style) with crewing
sailing ships with alien space men, provided they are bereft of their high
techery.

If the concern really is that Southern MOCs are all space, its no problem.
MOCs of any kind are always welcome at a Studfest.

If the concern really is that pirate wars is just not to taste, and space
wars is to taste, its no problem.  I can't think of a reason why we can't
have two battles running simultaneously in different time periods.

Assuming that Melbourne dudes are running space wars, if we end up with
insufficient interest in pirate wars, we can let it go.  I guess that means
that if you are interested in pirate wars, let me know.  If not, then nine
ships can simply continue to ride gracefully at anchor in and around Port
Block.  Captain Ahab and his especially cross space pirates will sally forth
with malice aforethought, and frag some southern space <<expletive
indicating bottom deleted to protect the innocent and faint of heart>>.

So whatever the concern, no problem :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...