 Local / Australia / 3959
Re: 2001 Bugs next meeting! *ideas*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 05:47:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
Ok back to my childish ways hehehe, ahhh being a kid can be fun! I think we
could plan something for our next meeting!  Maybe some sort of project? like
either build something as part of a mutual agreement in a theme based idea
and everyone builds something and we join it all together as part of the
project or build something to yet again bring along, but hmmm I dunno hehe
something different! Just it won't be till next year so we have some time
right now to do this... just thought it would be cool to make a suggestion
and do something different but together as a team!  Anyone else up for
suggestions? And this time we will take pictures!!! and yeah I hope this
makes sense cause I am half asleep! haha

Good Idea,

As I'm hosting the next meeting, BUGS #3, can I put my 5 cents worth in. As the
fellow BUGS know I'm a town and train BUG, so I would naturally like the theme
to be around those. I have spoken to Peter and we discussed the following.

Everybody attending the next meeting would need to biuld a structure like a
house, shop, office block, etc on a 32x32 base plate. The building can be an
existing Lego structure or your own creation, it does not really matter what,
it just has to fit on a 32 x 32 base. All structures can then be placed in my
town setting and have trains whizzing past them, etc. Thats the Idea, what do
the other BUGS think.

Peter as indicated that he would like to hold the BUGS #4 meeting, and as he is
a Aquanaut BUG (Nauti-BUG) the insect them would look more at home, so to
speak, in one of his displays than in a town and train setting.

As we are only in the planning stage I thought I would get in early, just in
case the BUGS go mad on building bugs. Tentative dates at this stage for the
next meeting are 21st Jan or 28 Jan or 11 Feb. Please let me know what dates
are preffered.

Keep on building
Gary