 Local / Australia / 390
  Probable effect of GST on LEGO

The way I see it, Lego SHOULD decrease in cost by about 10%. This is due to the way the GST is worked: Currently, each set is imported by LA. This is then sold to the retailer with 22% wholesale sales tax. The RRP is then 40% on top of this price. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Probable effect of GST on LEGO

Nicely explained, I like the diagrammatic use of arrows. BUT can you use them arrows to logically explain why we aren't getting the soccer sets in Australia? Even my sister pointed them out in the catalogue and asked me to get her some. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au)