 Local / Australia / 3847
Re: Studfest VI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:37:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Nice to see the Studly dudes today, for Studfest VI.

Ditto, bit more of a low key fest yesterday without the carnage and drama of
BrikWars. The highlights for me were:-

1. A flying visit by Dave Low and his heavily modified Flybo, a ninjafication
  that works exceedingly well. Bring back boat hulls ! Not everyone was out
  of their dark ages during the 'Pirates' lifetime.

2. A rather large vessel dominating one end of the college library, Richard's
  magnificent CVE Valhalla. I hope to see that flight deck covered with
  Swordfish, so keep your eyes open for the Adventurers biplane/vehicle set
  if you live in Australia, the appeal goes out. This vessel is so large,
  transport had to be arranged with Eli's Thunderbird 2.
  A very nice job was done on the bow too at the first attempt. A blocky bow
  works exceptionally well at this scale.
  Just wait for the pics.

Richard... have a look on www.newsclassifieds.com.au
Go to General trading... type in Lego for a search... I think someone is
selling that set you want with the biplane/vehicle set... cant remember the
number... have a look anyway.. If I find it again, I'll email you the details...

Kev... : )

3. One of the pool tables had disappeared, freeing up a large expanse of
  rather lurid carpet in the rec room. Trains set free to roam ! Santosh
  displayed his new additions and Eli was back to join him.
  It's good to see a layout on this scale. Now how many tables do we need ?
  Eli's station was impressive and everyone liked the clack-clack sound as
  the trains crossed the station baseplate as opposed to the carpet.

Peter's (MB) architecture was for me the most impressive I think - the
churchy cathedraly things worthy of any diarama of Adelaide.  I was a little
dubious about the purple tank, but still... :-)

The Belville/Paradisa crowd are in need of some defence, maybe even some
offensive forces to defend their honour.

Also good to see the Santosh's and Eli's trains get a proper run - five or
six trains, each of five or more cars, running more or less simultaneously,
in and around Eli's station complete with enclosed overhead walkway.  Eli's
red rattler was a beauty to behold, but my favourite was the little red
engine (someone detail this for me, you know I'm not a trainspotter) which
kept pulling so hard it seperated itself from its train, sped off and
promptly shuffled off the rails at the next corner.  Reminded me of a horse
untidily slowing down, reined in after a breakneck gallop, and not once but
at least three times....

It even stayed on it's wheels after leaping off the track. We even saw some
wildlife as a skink crossed the tracks and was chased away by a MB tank.

In the meantime, Studfest VII is scheduled for 4 Feb.  Be ready.  Be very
ready....

pete.w