 Local / Australia / 3743
Re: chrome Castle and Adventurers sets in Sydney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:43:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Peter White wrote in message ...
Successful Quest !
All are available in Sydney at certain Woolworths.
Chrome sets - 4816,4817,4818 and 4819 (all $3.99).

HOLEY MOLEY!!!

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4817

Look at all the parts! Are you _sure_ this set's only four Aussie dollars?
In that case, I'm getting a dozen of them immediately!
Has anyone seen them in Melbourne?

ABSOLUTELY 4 Aussie Dollars (=US$2 ho ho ho).
The castle displays were not marked with the price.
One castle cardboard stand sat next to a rack of the Technic sets with $3.99
at the top of the rack.
The Adventurers cardboard stand was over near the freezer with a Woolworths
printed price label saying castle sets $3.99 near the base.
The lack of visible pricing will slow sales, which leaves all the more for us.

Smaller Woolworths did not have the sets. Go to the larger Westfield size
shopping centres. You may need to search the whole store to find them, their
placement follows no discernible pattern.

Didn't someone spot some in Safeway ? If we follow the US, a lot more stores
should stock them, that is non-Lego stores. Who knows, maybe even chemists etc.

The stands hold a dozen of each set, not many were missing before I found them.
Maybe they are supplied in boxes of 48. I cleaned out one store, I will watch
to see how long it is before they are restocked.

pete.w