 Local / Australia / 331
Re: Megabloks in Aus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:28:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
While talking with the manager at Toyworld Craigieburn, I was informed that
Toyworld is to become the SOLE stockists of Megabloks. This info is probably
not of use to many people, but with what I saw in the tank model from
megabloks, [reasonable model, lots of parts, good colour [a nice dark
green]] they have picked up their game from earlier models, and could become
a good source of parts.

Ah !!! Ritvik Megabloks.
My post in off-topic clone brands regarding the forming of Rugnet was marked
down and summarily ignored.
But as my fellow studlies will agree I have a fondness for the Canadian
cloneblok. In fact if you look closely at one of the pics from Legoz 2000.2
you may see a ring of grey bloks being assumbled by a seated SLug.

I tried to get a few more sales for the tank at the recent Penrith Plaza
Pirate Excursion, but of course the guys were taking advantage of the L.sales.
As well as the tank there is the khaki helicopter, and not to mention the
grey battleship with it's grey/black/pale brown plates and 2 big bags of
2x4 grey bricks and grey inverse slopes and normal slopes.

Big W stock the tank/helicopter at $19.93 and battleship at $39.99 and even
TRU match the price on the battleship (their tank price is $24+).
So I hope that TW don't get a monopoly on them (only 4 TW's in Sydney) since
I don't want to drive for hours or pay an extra 5 bucks per kit.

-pete.w (Rugnet member No.1)