 Local / Australia / 3285
3284  |  3286
Subject:
Studfest 2000: Part the fifth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:50:06 GMT

Our fifth fest is come and gone, and a pleasure it was too.

Kevin and Andrea organised the venue (again) - thanks heaps.

Saw the new technic race car, even saw it crash in qualifying!  Most
impressive Dave.

Centrepiece for today was the Renaissance BrikWars.  Each of us built elements
that came together, creating terrain that covered about 48 standard
baseplates.  Abbeys, churches, temples, town hall, blacksmith's, public
convenience, house of ill repute, huts and taverns - it all went together
surprisingly smoothly.  The Brickish Army's trial of the long barrelled
bayonet equipped muskets was a success on points, and cannons did more damage
to buildings and vegetation than combatants (again!)

Top marks all around on the construction, and special thanks to James,
gamemaster extraordinaire, who was yet again the arbiter of justice and
probability, and also Peter, who looked after secret kingly details and ran
the local militia.

Trading went well (we seem to be getting the hang of it at last), we had time
for a trip to the local mall, and I had the chance to dabble in the heretical
arts of <<flourish and pause for dramatic effect>> Blockmen (which are yet
another Lego clone).

Studfest 2000: Part the sixth is set down for Sunday 3 December, at Robert
Menzies College, Macquarie University.  We're thinking something Hoth base-ish
as a centrepiece, for that one.  Hmmm, BrikWars fighting in the base, man to
man and hand to hand - might have possibilities :-)

Studfest 2001: Part the first is set down for my place (near Mittagong in the
Southern Highlands), on Sunday 4 February 2001.

Pirate Wars anyone? ( http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html )

Get ready!

Richard
Still baldly going...